Specialist one-to-one Study Skills and Strategy Support – Autism Spectrum Conditions (SS-ASC)
This specialist one-to-one support is primarily provided for autistic students and ADHD students. This support aims to develop students’ skills and independent learning. It is tailored to a student’s individual needs with the clear objectives and timescales for achieving these goals.
Our highly specialist support workers will provide 1:1 study skills and strategy support and social support to enable you to overcome barriers to learning and progress throughout college or university. Support Workers will work with you to address specific academic issues that autistic students have in completing academic work alongside supporting with social barriers within the academic environment. Your support worker will support you in your academic journey by guiding you to develop a variety of study skills, strategies and transferable/interpersonal skills e.g. social and communication skills.
Study Skills Support Worker can help with:
- Time management and organisational skills: They can help you create a schedule, set priorities, and manage your time effectively.
- Efficient strategies for reading academic texts: They can teach you different reading techniques to help you understand and retain information from texts more easily.
- Note taking from texts, handouts, and in lectures: They can teach you how to take effective notes and organize them in a way that makes sense to you.
- Research skills: They can show you how to find and use relevant information for your coursework and assignments.
- Mind mapping and planning techniques: They can teach you how to create visual diagrams to help you organize your thoughts and plan your work.
- Proofreading strategies: They can teach you how to proofread your work effectively and improve your writing skills.
- Approaching written assignments: They can help you understand assignment requirements and guide you through the process of writing a good assignment.
- Memory techniques and strategies: They can teach you different memory techniques to help you remember information more easily.
- Revision methods: They can teach you how to revise effectively and prepare for exams and tests.
- Analysing exam/essay questions: They can help you understand the question and guide you through the process of answering it.