We recommend that you print a copy of this Cookies Policy for your records.
- About cookies
- Types of cookies used
- Essential cookies
- Functional cookies
- Analytical or performance cookies
- Third party cookies
- How to accept or reject cookies
- Copyright, credit and logo
Cookies are data files that are sent between web servers and web browsers, processor memory or hard drives (clients) to recognise a particular user’s device when the user accesses a website. They are used for a range of different purposes, such as customising a website for a particular user, helping a user navigate a website, improving that user’s website experience, and storing that user’s preferences and login information.
Cookies can be classified as either ‘session’ or ‘persistent’ cookies. Session cookies are placed on your browser when you access a website and last for as long as you keep your browser open. They expire when you close your browser.
Persistent cookies are placed on your computer when you access a website and expire at a fixed point in time or if you manually delete them from your browser, whichever occurs first.
Cookies will be set either by our website domain or by third party domains on our behalf. Cookies set by us on our website domain are referred to as ‘first party’ cookies. Cookies set by third party domains or set on or via our website domain on behalf of third parties are referred to as ‘third party’ cookies.
Cookies do not usually contain personal information. Cookies may, however, be used in combination with other information to identify you.
We use first party and third party cookies on our website, and both session and persistent cookies.
If you require further information about cookies in general, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Types of cookies used
We use the following types of cookies on our website:
These are cookies which are necessary in order for us to run our website and its essential functions. We use essential cookies for the following purposes on our website:
- to administer our website.
- to ensure our website functions properly when you interact with it.
These are cookies that store information about your preferences and your previous interactions with our website, and recognise you whenever you return to a website, in order to improve your website experience and personalise it for you. We use functional cookies for the following purposes on our website:
- to recognise you when you return to our website.
- to improve your experience of our website.
- to remember your preferences regarding our website’s appearance.
Analytical or performance cookies
Analytical cookies track and gather data about what a user does on a website. We use analytical cookies for the following purposes on our website:
- to analyse users’ access to and use of our website and its features.
- to improve our website, including its usability, functionality, content and user experience.
The information we collect using analytical cookies is collected on an anonymised basis.
How to accept or reject cookies
The easiest way to accept or reject some or all cookies used by a website is to adjust your browser settings. If you do not know how to do this, the links below set out information about how to change your browser settings for some of the most commonly used web browsers:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-browsing-search-download-history-firefox?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Clear+Recent+History
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/278835/how-to-delete-cookie-files-in-internet-explorer
- Apple Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042?locale=en_US
Some browsers, such as Chrome and Firefox, allow you to change your settings to browse in ‘incognito’ mode, limiting the amount of data placed on your machine and automatically deleting any persistent cookies placed on your device when you finish your browsing session. There are also third party applications which you can add to your browser to block or manage cookies.
You can opt out of Google Analytics tracking by visiting http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
You are welcome to block the use of some or all of the cookies we use on our website. However, please be aware that doing so may impair our website and its functionality or may even render some or all of it unusable.
You can find more detailed information about cookies and adjusting your browser settings by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org
Copyright, credit and logo